We all know the incredible effect music can have on us, and whether its evoking memories or emotion, listening to a certain song can change your mood instantly.
There are many studies that show listening to music can do wonders for those with dementia. Whether that’s bringing them out of their shell or taking them back to a memory they forgot, music can create serenity in a persons mind.
Now if you are very close to your loved one I’m sure you will have an ideas of the songs which will benefit them most, but if not, why not take a look at our Awakening playlist.
Try and play this playlist for your loved one either through headphones or a speaker and watch their response. Be sure to make sure the volume is right for them and avoid any advertisement interruptions as this can cause confusion.
Let us know how your loved one reacts to our Playlist, whether its reduced signs of agitation or singing and clapping, the beauty of music brings endless enjoyment.
Listen to Our Spotify Playlist
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong |
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” performed by Judy Garland |
- “Walkin’ After Midnight” by Patsy Cline |
- “Hey There” by Rosemary Clooney |
- “Singing in the Rain” performed by Gene Kelly |
- “Rhapsody in Blue” by George Gershwin |
- “New York, New York” performed by Frank Sinatra |
- “America the Beautiful” performed by Ray Charles |
- “Amazing Grace” performed by Celtic Women |
- “Fly me to the moon” performed by Frank Sinatra
- “Rhinestone Cowboy” by Glen Campbell |
Click the link here to listen to our Awakening Playlist –