How to make sure your loved one is getting a good nights sleep.
- Hide any distractions that are used during the daytime.
- Check they have gone to the toilet before getting into bed
- Make sure the room is relatively dark but have a night light for if they need to get up for the toilet.
- Have a regular bedtime routine and stick to it as much as you can.
- Make sure they are actually tired before going to bed, to help this try to avoid more than one daytime nap.
- Mid afternoon they may show signs of tiredness and restlessness due to the light changes. This is a time they would benefit from a short nap.
- If they share a room with someone, do they feel comfortable doing so? If not this can have a big effect on their sleep quality and you may need to make changes.