Now if you don’t already know it is currently international cupcake week, which pretty much gives you the excuse to eat as many cupcakes as you wish…
However it could also be a great incentive to do some baking with your loved one! Baking is a great way of getting you loved one to be active without doing too much and having you there as support, your loved one will find baking very calming and therapeutic.
So why not find a time this week to follow this simple and straightforward cupcake recipe with your loved one. You can set aside a whole day or just an afternoon of baking, but either way we hope you enjoy all the yumminess that international cupcake week brings.
Here is a simple cupcake recipe by Annabel Karmel if you need-
- 110 g butter, softened
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to send us pictures of the delicious cupcakes you make with your loved one!