Whether it’s for you, your friend or another family member, we all need a little advice on the best way to speak to someone with dementia. So hopefully these tips will give you an insight on what/what not to say to someone with dementia.
- Introduce yourself so they know who you are
- Get to know a bit about them/ their background
- Never Argue or raise your voice
- Speak clearly so they can understand you and don’t get confused
- Keep Sounds Soft
- Avoid really busy places
- Consider your safety as well as there’s
- Encourage them to take part in activities
- Show appreciation if they helped you in anyway
Have these tips helped you? Let us know!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nudgureminders/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/nudgu/